Home » Blog » 2,739 People! The President of Tajikistan Signed a Decree
General News News Politics Tajikistan

2,739 People! The President of Tajikistan Signed a Decree

According to Tajikistan’s “Asia Express” news agency reported on the 27th, Tajik President Emomali Rahmon signed a decree on the establishment of special quotas for foreign labor in Tajikistan.

According to the document, relevant agencies have been instructed to set up a special separate quota for foreign labor in Tajikistan for the construction and operation of the “China-Central Asia Natural Gas Pipeline D Line” in 2023, with a number of 2,739 people.

The appendix of the decree stipulates that 2,705 of them should be Chinese citizens, and the remaining 34 can be citizens of other countries. Nearly 70% of the quota is used to attract technical staff, and the remaining 30% is for administrative staff.

The decree states that these quotas are determined in accordance with the agreement between the governments of China and Tajikistan on cooperation in the construction and operation of gas pipelines.

According to data from the Ministry of Energy of Tajikistan, the pipeline will transport Turkmenistan natural gas to China, with a total length of 966 kilometers. The pipeline will pass through the territories of Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan (205 km), Tajikistan (391 km), Kyrgyzstan (215 km) and China (155 km).

In September 2013, the Chinese government signed an intergovernmental agreement with the governments of Uzbekistan, Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan on the D-line project of the Central Asia Natural Gas Pipeline. In March 2014, PetroChina-Central Asia Gas Pipeline Company and Tajikistan Gas Transmission Company signed an agreement on the establishment of China-Tajikistan Gas Pipeline Co., Ltd. The two parties each contributed 300 million US dollars.

The project provides for the construction of 45 tunnels and other infrastructure at the tower.

The pipeline will pass through the cities of Tursunzad and Gisar, as well as Shalinav, Rudaki, Wahdat, Faizabad, Nurabad, Rasht, Tajikabad within the territory of the tower and Liahsh districts until the border with Kyrgyzstan.

The pipeline is expected to supply 25-30 billion cubic meters of natural gas from Turkmenistan to China annually. The implementation of the project brought China’s direct economic investment in Tajikistan to more than 3 billion US dollars.

Source : Sina Finance